John R. Coyne: Executive Business Semantic Software Technologist
A leading technologist and entrepreneur with expertise as a software C-Suite management executive, inventor, industry advisor, and developer of transformative business innovations, John R. Coyne is a published inventor with multiple patents issued and pending in advanced technology, devices, systems, and methods.
In high technology, financial services, media and defense industries, he has developed innovations that have transformed assets and business performance for all stakeholders. With decades of experience in business, technology and consulting, including the successful startup and development of several enterprises, Mr. Coyne has proven his executive prowess in developing thriving businesses from scratch. Acting for Netscape, he was the principal architect of a strategic partnership with Citibank, an alliance that generated over $100 million in Netscape revenue.
Mr. Coyne also founded the Object Technology Group for SHL Systemshouse, generating in excess of $120MM in sales in 14 months, which led to its acquisition by MCI. He was a principal in IPECO; an intellectual property company focused on invention and innovation technologies for e-commerce concerns.
As a technologist, Mr. Coyne was a founding member of the Rosetta Project; a privately funded research group that provided transportable software languages based on BCPL. He founded Base Technologies, which produced the world’s first windowing software for PCs and the world’s first multi-file access operating systems enhancements.
Mr. Coyne also founded Cool Technologies, which provided the basis for multi-component object classes that could be re-combined to produce “applications-on-demand.”
He was the senior lead in the development and sale of artificial intelligence based mainframe systems developed in Europe. With multiple patents to his credit, he has managed operations in the U.K., The Netherlands, Germany, France and Ireland for both public and privately traded businesses.
Other past positions have included Director of Advanced Solutions for KPMG and Director of Strategic Consulting for Oracle, a division he founded. Other accomplishments:
- Led technical team on the $27B Bell Atlantic NYNEX merger
- Key technology consultant on the transformation of Netscape from a browser business to a facilitator of e-business solutions generating over $100MM in sales in 7 months – Acquired by AOL.
- Was the key technologist on Citibank’s initial entry into internet banking – e-Citi
- Led the “financial services genome” project that articulated the first comprehensive model of modern financial services.
- Consults as the Chief Technology Strategist for a European software developer
- Consults as the designer of Semantic systems for Governance, Risk and Compliance for a leading regulatory advisory group